25.3.10

Trailer Life: The Renovation


In the spring of 2009 I bought, gutted, remodeled, and lived in a this travel trailer for 3 months. Bought it for $200 from a guy in north east Texas and hauled it home to my parents house in Anderson, Texas to start the process. I sold the trailer later that year for a small profit, but regardless, the experience was worth the time and money. 
This will likely be story I'll tell for the rest of my life, but a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are a few.

The day I bought it.






Tearing out the front of the trailer. There was a table and two benches that turned into a bed. I just wanted a real bed. 






Had to replace and strengthen some of the floor joists. 






I did all the walls in bleached western cedar. the bed lifts up to store things beneath. 






A couch that I built with storage underneath where I stored all my clothes. 







Looking from the outside through the window. Wishing now that I would have taken more pictures.


Special thanks to Kyle Childress for help with cabinets and various consults, and Hannah Childress for help with painting.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I believe there were a few textile consultations with me, as well.

    ReplyDelete